Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Descriptosaurus: Supporting Creative Writing For Ages 8-14 - Alison Wilcox

descriptosaurus: supporting creative writing for ages 8-14 - alison wilcox
descriptosaurus: supporting creative writing for ages 8-14 - alison wilcox

'Written with great clarity, creativity and a true understanding of what stimulates and engages the minds of children, Descriptosaurus is an essential resource for pupils, parents and professionals alike. This book is set to influence all who use it and create a generation of new young writers.' - Francine Oddoye, Deputy Head Teacher, Clifton Hall School, Scotland

'I think Descriptosaurus is a great book. Using it has really improved my writing. I can remember lots of the phrases and I now enjoy writing because I’m not stuck for ideas or words. I have also learnt how to use more interesting words as I can see how they can be used in phrases and sentences and these have inspired me to think up my own ideas.' - Jamie Stewart (Aged 11)

'I have used Descriptosaurus as a teaching tool to improve descriptive writing. This has been very successful as it has given the children and me another technique to work with. It has particularly opened the children’s eyes to another side of descriptive language and allowed them to raise the standard of their writing.' - Katherine Vacher, Barfield School

'This book is a treasure trove of descriptive language. Alison Wilcox provides teachers and parents with an array of words, phrases and sentences to use to help children develop their writing. You could use the images in this book as a starting point for creative writing, as an inspiration for stories and poems, or as a ‘dip in’ resource for when you’re short of ideas. Highly recommended for both teachers and parents. I wish I’d had a copy of this book when I was a full time English teacher! Invest in a copy today; you’ll be glad you did.' - Sue Cowley

'Help to banish 'blank page syndrome' for ever, with this innovative book - a thematic expansion of a dictionary and a thesaurus. It offers children a way of adding detail, depth and colour to their creative writing - providing descriptive phrases and sentences they can use in their narrative. Created by teacher, Alison Wilcox, this inspirational book will build children's confidence in their writing ability.' - Literacy Times Plus

DOWNLOAD DESCRIPTOSAURUS: SUPPORTING CREATIVE WRITING FOR AGES 8-14 - ALISON WILCOX

No comments:

Post a Comment