Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fun with HDR

photo

Fun with HDR

I don't normally use HDR for portrait shots, but I decided to try it out in order to get more detail and "drama" in the clouds. I used Photomatix Pro 4 to process a single RAW file, and chose the "grunge" preset because I wanted to go with more contrast and more of an artistic look over realism. Of course HDR always makes a person's skin look bad, so then I layered the shot with the original non-HDR version in Photoshop and blended his skin back in with the original. Finally, I did some of my usual techniques with Color Efex Pro 3.

lighting info: SB-900 & SB-600 camera right, shoot-through umbrella; triggered via PocketWizards (Mini TT1 w/ AC3 zone controller, & Flex TT5s).

Post-processing done with Photomatix Pro 4, Capture NX2 (w/Color Efex Pro 3), and Photoshop CS5.

More of my work can be seen at BlueCityPhotography.com and www.facebook.com/bluecityphotography.

Tags

Brazoswood High School

senior

portraits

portrait

pictures

pics

photos

photographs

photographer

2011

Surfside

Beach

Freeport

Lake Jackson

Texas

TX

Brazoria County

Brazosport

Brazoswood

Buccaneers

bluecityphotography.com

Blue City Photography

ocean

Gulf of Mexico

water

waves

clouds

overcast

sunlight

sun

rays

beams

rocks

jetty

jetties

hdr

grunge

photomatix pro 4

lighting info, zone controller, portrait shots, hdri, raw file, ac3, post processing, realism, umbrella, amp, clouds

Flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment